Thursday, July 20, 2017

Do I Really Need One More Book?

Since posting yesterday's challenge group announcement, I've been hit with tons of questions about what exactly this whole "Made to Crave" thing is all about. Why do I want you to add one more step to the already ridiculously hard process of trying to lose weight and get healthy? I mean how in the world are you supposed to cram even one more thing into your schedule?

Trust me. My schedule is as busy as yours. I mean my calendar has scribbles all over it and papers sticking out all woppy-jawed (yes, that's a word...at least here in the south). My calendar is such a hot mess that looking at it would give very little indication of just how OCD I really am. But trust me, this book is like the secret sauce, let's call it the BOOM SAUCE, that little extra oomph that's not only going to help you reach your goals, but help you tackle the demons that will drag you back to your starting place if you're not careful.

{Photo Cred: Lysa TerKeurst}

Why this book? Well, Lysa won my heart within the first few pages of her book when she confessed a secret love of Cheez-Its, which I've shared many times is my kryptonite. Hi, my name is Alina and I'm addicted to Cheez-Its...you think I'm joking, but I'm not!! And neither is she. She confesses that she hates working out and has never craved a carrot stick. She would happily chow down on any junk food you put in front of her, as would I, but she also battles the guilt that comes in the morning.

But I'll leave you with this quote from Lysa that perfectly sums up why I feel like this book is the BOOM SAUCE you need on this journey, because I could never word it as beautifully (or as hysterically) as she does.

"...I am well acquainted with the words muffin top and cellulite. Muffin tops and cellulite with stretch marks, thank you very much and have a nice day. I also know what it's like to feel sad and powerless in this battle to get healthy.

I want to lead Jesus girls on a journey that will help them find a stick-to-itiveness and a lasting want-to that taps into something much more powerful than the surface desires of wanting to weigh less and wear a smaller size. We need to tap into this power because the battle we face isn't just with sugary, fatty, or salty foods. There is a spiritual battle going on. It's real. And it's amazing how perfectly the Bible gives us specific ways to find victory with our food struggles.

Even for girls like us who don't crave carrot sticks." - Lysa TerKeurst, "Made to Crave Devotional"

{Photo Cred: Lysa TerKeurst}

Girl, if you're tired of trying to hide that muffin top with loose flowing tops, if you can't stand the thought of squeezing into a pair of jeans, or if you're avoiding stepping on the scale because you're just not prepared for the number staring back at you...YOU ARE NOT ALONE!! This group, complete with workouts, nutrition, and the secret BOOM SAUCE that is this book, is going to change your life in so many ways.

Are you ready to put down your excuses and finally commit to getting healthy? Today is the day!! Comment below with your email or head over to my Facebook page, Get Fit with Alina, and shoot me a message.

You can also learn more about my exclusive 40 day Made to Crave Challenge Group HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment