Saturday, January 28, 2017

A Glimpse Into My Journey


This is a LONG POST ALERT...but I need to share my heart because I know there are others out there who are EXACTLY where I was back in 2012. You see, I was the heaviest I’d ever been and to be completely honest, every single day was a struggle. You know when it's just simply a struggle to get out of bed? That feeling like wow I want to play with my daughter, but it's a STRUGGLE to just bend over and stand back up. I was there. Unhappy and uncomfortable.
{2013}
{Photo Cred: Alexa Michelle Photography}

An ah-ha moment for me was when I saw a family photo we took. I felt ashamed that I had let myself get to this point. I mean I was sitting there with my 3 ½ year old…wearing maternity pants!!! Every part of the spunky, fun, happy, healthy me I had been in high school was completely gone.
I beat myself up for a couple of days and then while digging through our collection of DVD’s I stumbled on a copy of P90X that someone had given us. We’d never even turned it on. It had been easy to convince myself that I was too out of shape to do it, it was too hard, or even that it wouldn’t work.
That day, it was different. I stopped what I was doing and put in the first DVD I saw, Legs & Back. That workout is a solid hour of intense leg and back work and I had to fight for every single second of it. I cried, I got frustrated, I took little breaks, I modified, but I NEVER QUIT.

{2015}
Something changed in me that day. I stopped letting my excuses rule my life and for the next year I worked out religiously. I dropped nearly 150 pounds and was able to get into a size 2…even smaller than I had been in high school. I'm not going to tell you that it's all been EASY PEASY and that I haven't had my fair share of moments where I fall off, lose motivation and have to re-commit. But I've surrounded myself with a COMMUNITY of people that won't let me fail, my Beachbody Community is my life-line and everyday I'm just grateful that I'm not on this journey alone.
{2014}

So if you don't know...I hope you now by now, I'm a COACH. A Virtual Fitness Coach.
Why? Because everyday I want to help women JUST LIKE ME to find their version of happy. Everyday I want to help women just like me get comfortable in their own skin again. And the best part is that it's VIRTUAL. That means I get to help you regardless of where you live, how in shape or out of shape you are in or how crazy your schedule is.
{2016}

So just know...I AM HERE. The door is always open for you to ask questions, I'm going to be opening the doors for all of us to get together in an accountability group soon, so keep your eyes peeled. And never forget that YOU have the power to change your story, to rewrite your future, to find YOUR VERSION of happy!

1 comment: