Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Upcoming: Closet Clean Out Challenge

Since getting back from an epic road trip to Texas and back (which I promise to share photos from soon), I've been spring cleaning in full force. And with the coming of a new season, that means it's time to pack up our winter clothes and bring out all of our warm weather clothes. 

{At the Alamo with Ma, the hubs, the mini, & GB}

Before we left for Texas, I had the hubs pull down our tubs of clothes down from the attic because our North Carolina winter clothes just weren't going to cut it in the Texas heat! We picked out the items we needed and then there sat the tubs, in the way, collecting dust, and definitely not getting put away. Y'all, I thrive on organization!! My schedule stays jam-packed and without being pretty ridiculously organized, it all falls apart.

Plus, for me, organization is just another part of my health and well-being. I struggle with some pretty intense anxiety and when I'm living in chaos, it means I'm also battling the anxiety demon too. I'll notice I'm feeling crabby and grouchy, and over the years my hubby has picked up on it too. 

Sunday afternoon when we got home from church, there were those dang tubs just staring at me and I had had enough!! But tackling these tubs is no five minute project. It means the complete disassembling of 3 closets, trying on last year's clothes to figure out what even still fits (or maybe if we're lucky, is now a couple sizes too big!) and then reassembling the closets...and drawers!! 

As I stared at those tubs and thought about the work ahead of me, I realized that I wasn't the only mama facing this spring project and I had some tips and tricks to share. In recent years, I've been asked to come to friends' houses to organize their closets and to bring some order (and hopefully even some joy) to a "room" in their homes that was bringing so much frustration. Clothes that don't fit, clothes we can't find, or clothes that just plain don't look good on us can make us feel pretty crappy. 

There's some sort of awesome magic that comes in putting on the perfect outfit. Think how you feel when you get your hair cut and you leave the salon feeling like a million bucks. Isn't that how you want to feel every single time you get dressed? Y'all even when I'm rocking my workout clothes at the grocery store, I still want to feel good in my clothes. I don't want to feel like I'm constantly tucking that pesky muffin top back in or even worse, see a photo of myself in an outfit I think looks good only to find out I was oh, so wrong!!

For the next couple of days we're going to be detouring from the world of physical health and fitness and into cleaning up a completely different area of your life. The best part? When you makeover your closet, that can be one of the most motivating things you'll ever do to encourage yourself to get healthy. I mean, what's better than the healthiest version of yourself smiling and rocking the awesome outfits you're about to put together?!

Over the next few days we're going to figure out what your personal style really looks like, we're going to purge that closet, re-organize it, and put together some really killer outfits!!



So, how does it work? 

Over the next 5 days, I'll be sharing some awesome tips and giving you a daily task to complete. At the end, you'll have a completely made over closet!!! 

How do you get all the info?

You can check here daily (or subscribe to get all of my new posts dropped directly into your inbox) and/or join the Pinterest group!! Within the group, you'll have access to even more fun tips and tricks, plus a direct link to each day's post!

If you love this challenge, I hope you'll check out my FB page for recipes, workouts, inspiration, motivation, coffee-related humor, and so much more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment