Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Easy Lemon Garlic Chicken

Alright y'all, today I'm sharing my go-to chicken recipe. I make this every single week when I'm meal prepping and use this chicken for almost all of our meals. It's full of flavor and goes so well with everything, that we never get tired of it! And the best part is, since it's so easy to make you can make a small portion or a giant one - the recipe is so simple! The amount of chicken I use varies based on our meals each week so this isn't a scientific formula, but I'll break it down the best that I can.

Ingredients:

5 - boneless, skinless chicken breasts (trimmed & ready)

1/2 cup - lemon juice 

2 tbsp - minced garlic 

water


Instructions:

1. Place chicken breasts into crock pot and cover with lemon juice.

2. Add garlic.

3. If lemon juice is not covering the chicken breasts, add a small amount of water. You shouldn't need more than 1/4 cup.

4. Cook on low 6-8 hours or 4 hours on high.

That's it! It really is that simple. I like to let this cook in the crock pot while I do my meal prep for the week. When the chicken is done, I simply cut it up, portion it out, and add it to my containers. This recipe has been a huge time-saver for me in the meal prep department and I hope it will do the same for you. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment