Sunday, July 17, 2016

Ultimate Ice Pack

Yesterday, I shared my motivation struggle on the Facebook page. I slept through my alarm, or it didn't go off, and when I finally dragged myself out of bed, I just plain didn't want to go running. After a lot of back and forth with myself, and a lot of thoughts about my "Reasons or Excuses" post earlier this week, I laced up my running shoes and headed out the door.


I was able to get in a decent run, but I hadn't been running long when I came face to face with my arch-nemesis...the dreaded shin splints. I've dealt with shin splints for years and have struggled to find relief for just as long. I've had lots of people give me some great recommendations, but even with all the best suggestions, I've been unable to find relief. 


I've tried compression socks, which help a little while I'm running but I'm still battling through some pretty extreme pain afterwards. I've tried ice, but the ice melts long before I get relief. I've tried rest, but the very next time I run, the shin splints come right back. I've even tried eating bananas before and after runs, despite my disdain for them. And still...the pain hasn't lessened. 

And then I discovered this recipe for the ultimate ice pack! Seriously, y'all I can't even describe to you how much I love this ice pack. The pain relief is almost instant. It stays cold forever and since it never completely hardens, it's pliable and can be shaped to fit your leg. 


Ultimate Ice Pack Recipe:

Ingredients:

1 - gallon size freezer bag

3 cups - rubbing alcohol

6 cups - water


Instructions:

1. Pour rubbing alcohol and water into freezer bag.

2. Place in freezer.

3. Get some relief from those nasty shin splints.


I hope you'll give the ultimate ice pack a try and let me know if it brings you relief too. Do you have any other shin splint remedies that work for you? Let me know in the comments!! Different things work for different people and I would love to see what's working for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment