Thursday, July 21, 2016

Hip Hop Abs, TurboFire, & Results

Yesterday, I kind of jumped ship on my 3-Day Dance & Diet Challenge Group post, so today I'm working double-time to tell you what I thought about Hip Hop Abs & TurboFire. Before we dive into that though, I really want to go back to my first post, "Do You Know My Story?" for a second. 

Y'all when I first found Beachbody, I fell in love with P90X!! I will forever be grateful to Beachbody and Tony Horton for creating a product that challenged me, that I enjoyed, and that was actually effective. With that said, I have learned this week, that P90X has set a precedence for me. Loving it, finishing it, and repeating it several times upped the ante for me. I like intense workouts!! I'm just being real. At the end of my workout, I want to be dripping in sweat and I don't mind if I have to struggle through it. I want to work for it and for me that's what makes it fun. I'm competitive and I love competing with myself every day to see if I can beat the girl I was yesterday. 

That's just me, and I'm well aware that's not the norm. I just want to put that out there, let you in my brain for a second, because understanding where I'm coming from really shapes my opinion of the last 2 days. Did you catch that? It's just my opinion!!

Alright, so Tuesday was Hip Hop Abs. My day Tuesday was crazy!! I worked all day and ended up not being able to work out until about 8p. As much as I'm not a morning person, I love my morning workouts!! They set the tone for my whole day, so Tuesday I was already off. 

So, what can I tell you about Hip Hop Abs? Well, first off, you won't see any pictures from this one. My husband was home and icing a hurt ankle, my daughter was dancing all over the living room, and I was having to dodge the dog. It was chaos here, and turning the camera on totally slipped my mind. (Don't worry, you'll have some photos when we get to TurboFire in a minute.)

The second thing I can tell you is, Hip Hop Abs just wasn't for me. I think I may just not be coordinated enough. My husband was dying laughing watching me try to follow what Shaun T was doing. Y'all it just wasn't my cup of tea.

There were definitely some positives though and I do think that this program could be awesome for other people!! One of the girls in our group absolutely loved it!! By the end of the workout, I was sweating, probably from all the flailing around I was doing trying to keep up, but regardless, there was sweat. You never stop moving, so you're definitely getting your cardio in. And the biggest plus of all, this was the first time I haven't found myself hating Shaun T! I know he wouldn't care if I did, as long as my core was tight!! If you haven't done Insanity, I know you're confused right now, but that's totally ok!

Wednesday, was TurboFire and this was probably my favorite day of the challenge. Chalene was still a little hard to follow, but I think doing this workout more often and learning the moves, would make this workout awesome. With Hip Hop Abs, I told you that you never stop moving, but with TurboFire you really NEVER stop moving!!! NEVER, NOT ONCE!! 


Then at the end of each set, you have a 1-minute power workout, or maybe it's called a turbo workout. That sounds more likely, but I can't remember. You're moving so quickly and incorporating so many moves at once that I don't think my brain really could comprehend what anything was called! It was awesome!! By the end of the workout, I was covered in sweat and full of energy. I could have easily done this one again and I'll definitely be mixing it into my regular workout schedule.

So the big question is, did I see results? Y'all know I like to keep it real and I'm not going to sugarcoat it for you. No, I didn't. The scale didn't go down for me and the tape measure didn't get any smaller. Did I stick to the workout schedule? Yes. Did I stick to the meal plan? Yes. Still no results. 

But guess what?! THAT'S OKAY! 3 days is a short period of time. My results may not have shown up when I got on the scale yesterday, but that's ok. I may see results tomorrow, who knows. Not seeing numbers on the scale go down, not seeing the tape measure get smaller, none of that is going to derail me!! That just tells me that I need to keep working.

Will I try all of the workouts again? Probably not all of them. I think it's best that Hip Hop Abs and I break up with each other. Country Heat? Maybe. I've got to get those moves down though. TurboFire? ABSOLUTELY!!!

So, what can you take away from this experience? Well, there are a couple of things:

1. Try the products/workouts yourself. Everyone is different and everyone is going to find success with something different. Don't let my experience with Hip Hop Abs make up your mind about it. Try it yourself! Worst case scenario, you'll look like a tangled up flamingo and if you do, please snap a picture so we can laugh together!!! I promise you won't be alone!

2. Sign up for a challenge group. Even if you walk away without a change in the numbers on the scale, you will walk away with knowledge that you'll treasure forever. You'll learn to change your eating habits, get on a regular workout schedule, and meet so many wonderful people who will cheer you on and encourage you to reach your goals.

3. Your biggest takeaway should be this. Don't get caught up in results. I promise you if you're eating right and working out, the results will come. It takes time. You didn't become unhappy with yourself overnight. I didn't gain 150 lbs overnight. It took time. And it took time to get them off. Everyone will have setbacks. I did. But you get back up and keep moving. You won't be alone. I'm right there with you and together we can both do this! Don't forget that!


Interested in joining a challenge group? I have a new one starting August 1st and I would love for you to join us. You can learn more on yesterday's blog post, on my Facebook page, or email me for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment