Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Deconstructed Tacos {21 Day Fix Approved}

{Photo Cred: Pinterest}

Y'all I could seriously eat tacos every single day. I love them!! I've yet to find a taco I didn't love. I mean even a less than stellar taco is still pretty amazing. But, I generally find that when I'm eating tacos, they're also slightly less than healthy. So, today I'm sharing my super delicious Deconstructed Tacos. These tacos are amazing and feel like a cheat meal, but they're completely clean!



Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef (I use 97/3 grass fed angus beef, but you could easily substitute ground turkey and make this meal even healthier).

1 packet of your favorite taco seasoning (I use the low sodium version)

1/4 cup water

1 small red onion

1 tbsp minced garlic

Brown rice (I use Seeds of Change's Seven Whole Grain rice)

Broccoli slaw

Tomatoes, chopped

Fresh avocado, mashed (in a pinch I've also used Good Foods Chunky Tableside Guacamole)


Directions:

1. In a large skillet, brown ground beef (or turkey) until no longer pink. 

2. Add taco seasoning packet and 1/4 cup water.

3. Add onion and garlic.

4. We assembled with brown rice on the bottom, then taco meat, topped with broccoli slaw, tomatoes, and fresh avocado (or guacamole).


If you are following the 21 Day Fix Meal Plan:

1 YELLOW of brown rice

1 RED of ground beef (or turkey)

.5 GREEN of broccoli slaw

.5 GREEN of tomatoes

1 BLUE of guacamole (or mashed avocado)

{Photo Cred: Pinterest}

No comments:

Post a Comment