Thursday, April 20, 2017

Day 2: Back to the Pin Board


Welcome back, pretty lady!! Yesterday, we spent some time in the rabbit hole we know fondly as Pinterest. You took time to pin anything swoon worthy and I know you created an epic style pin board full of things you love.

Now, that you've got your board full of those beautiful outfits and pieces, it's time for us to make sense of it all. I mean it's great to throw everything on the board, but stopping there doesn't help us a bit. In order to purge your closet of the items you no longer need, we really need to fine tune your style and figure out what needs to stay. This exercise is the ultimate fix for that closet full of clothes without a dang thing to wear.

So, what exactly are you supposed to do? I want you to put that pin board back up and figure out what these items have in common. If you browsed through the pin board I posted yesterday, you'll find that I may have a love affair with blazers. I don't know why and my job as a fitness coach doesn't provide lots of opportunities to wear them, but oh, how I LOVE them!!! My biggest task as I was purging my closet was finding ways to work my blazers into spring outfits and incorporate them even into the hot summer months. Is that even possible? Apparently, yes.

So, I'm willing to bet that you'll also find a trend in the things you pinned. It may not be one particular piece, but I want you to ask yourself...

Is there a particular style that keeps popping up? Bohemian? Bold? Feminine? Glamorous? Rocker? Romantic? Seductive? Sporty? Whatever you're seeing, jot it down. It's going to come in handy later.

{Photo Cred: Ariana Ayutopia}

Alright, what colors are you drawn to? Is your board full of feminine pale pinks and pastels? Or maybe your an earthy gal with a board full of dark reds, olive greens, and burnt orange. You might be into bold and bright yellows, greens, reds, and blues. Or you might have a pin board full of different shades of black. My board was full of corals, pinks, and teals. Whatever you're seeing, jot it down.

{Photo Cred: Pantone}

Scroll back through your board. Are you seeing a certain fabric or pattern repeating itself? Maybe you've pinned several soft and flowy tops or dresses. Maybe rocker chic is more your thing and you're seeing lots of leather or you're so fabulous that everything you pinned has some sparkle! You may see multiple pins with floral prints, plaid, or gingham. Whatever you're seeing, jot it down. Loose, solid color tops seem to be pretty prevalent on my board and usually a necklace or scarf is added for a pop of color or pattern.


Alright, you should have a list going, something to help you pinpoint what you like about the things you pinned. Now, I want you to ask yourself if the outfits you pinned fit your lifestyle. As a fitness coach, blazers and flowy dresses every day aren't realistic. But they're perfect for church, dinner with the hubs or my girls. And considering that I spend the majority of my time in yoga pants and sports bras, it's a treat to get dressed up. So, even if what you've pinned doesn't perfectly meet the "requirements" of your lifestyle that doesn't mean you're back at square one. Be practical and be creative. I only want you to nix something off your list if it doesn't fit into your lifestyle at all. For example, if your a mama who doesn't go out and spends the majority of your time at the playground with your kiddo, those itty bitty mini skirts and 6 inch stilettos can probably be crossed off. Even if they're super cute, if they don't fit your lifestyle, they're not going to get worn.

Your last task for the day is the biggest and I want you to complete it by commenting below or in the Pinterest group...

How do you want to feel when you get dressed EVERY SINGLE DAY?

No comments:

Post a Comment