Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Do you know my story?

In March of 2013, I went with my family to have some Easter portraits taken. I put on my favorite jeans (which were actually maternity jeans) and a cute top that morning, feeling no different than any other day. And then a couple days later the photographer sent me our photos. As soon as I opened them, I burst into tears. Who was that person looking back at me? I literally could see nothing that indicated that this person was me.
I knew I had gained weight but it didn't click quite how much until I saw that picture. At that moment, I felt so lost and alone - but then the motivation hit. I could change this. I could get myself back. I could dig down deep, do the work, and physically pull myself out of the goo that was literally consuming me.
So, the next morning I dug out P90X. I can't even tell you how long it had been sitting there, but I can say that it had never been used. That first workout kicked my butt. I was drenched in sweat, exhausted, and every single move felt impossible. I mean even just the warm up was a struggle. But I showed up every day...every single day and each day got a little bit easier. By the end of the summer I was breezing through some of them! And within a year I had lost just under 150 pounds!!!!! Tony Horton & P90X changed my life!
That was in 2014. When 2015 rolled around, things got rough. We experienced our first miscarriage in May and a second one in February of 2016. I struggled and easily slipped into some old habits, and before I knew it, 30 lbs had crept back onto me. So in May, I realized exactly what I needed to do. I needed to get back that 2013 motivation, but this time it was hard. I was depressed, angry, and let's be real...lazy! Then I started running. As my feet pounded the pavement, and I struggled for every step and every breath, I realized that I didn't feel depressed in that moment. I felt tired, but I felt good. So I kept going, and then day by day, that motivation grew and I found myself attempting Insanity, and loving it! Then Beachbody on Demand, and loving it!
And then, when I'd researched everything I could think to research. Asked every question I could think to ask. And fought through every excuse I could come up with. I decided to become a Beachbody Coach. I know that there have to be people out there like me, who feel alone, or lost, or hopeless, or hurt and don't know where to turn. They don't know how to turn their life around. And I want to help! I want to show people exactly what changing my habits did for me. So, if you're here and you're reading this, you're my why. You're the reason I took this leap of faith and I hope you'll do the same! Your wildest dreams are only a leap of faith and some hard work away.


No comments:

Post a Comment