Friday, September 9, 2016

Color Vibe 2016

Well here we are 9 days into the month of September and not a single blog post this month!! Y'all I have no idea what's going on. And it's certainly not a lack of material it just seems that the time to sit down and blog just keeps getting put off day after day. So I apologize for my absence...again. My goal over the next couple of days is to get some fresh material put up for you guys and then schedule more blogging time next week. So beware, we might not be looking at daily posts but much more frequently than what you've experienced this month. I can promise you that!

So at the end of last month, I got to "run" a 5k with my mini. We signed up for the Color Vibe in Greensboro and starting training for it in June. Emma was able to run with me several times before race day, but she definitely wasn't ready to run the full thing. So there was a lot of walking, but she did push herself a little between each checkpoint and she did awesome!

The run started with a Zumba warm-up which was a blast!!! We had so much fun dancing around together and just being silly. 



After our warm-up, it was time to THROW SOME PAINT!!! The three of us got together and covered each other in every color paint! We ran into a couple of old friends and covered them in paint too. By the end, we were covered head to toe...and we hadn't even started the run yet!


Then, it was time to run. We started at the PURPLE checkpoint where paint was thrown at us, squirted on us, and even shot out of a leaf blower!! Sunglasses were definitely a necessity.


We had a great time running through all the different checkpoints and even ran into my sister-in-law and former challenger toward the end. By the time we reached the last checkpoint, Emma was ready to dive in the paint and when she saw the last checkpoint was pink...that's exactly what she did! She laid on the ground and rolled in it. Made snow angels...or paint angels in it! It was hysterical and so much fun watching her have so much fun doing something so physical.


While I wasn't able to run the entire time or really test all of the training I had put in, I couldn't have asked for a better run. Completing this with her made this the most rewarding 5k I've ever done.


No comments:

Post a Comment