Friday, September 23, 2016

POUND Fitness {Review}

On Tuesday, I had the opportunity to take my first POUND Fitness class. One of my September challengers, told me about this class early on in our group and invited me to join her. 

It was awesome and the hour long class flew by. We tried to get more of this month's challengers to join us, but tight schedules and a school night made that difficult, but they all wanted to know what they missed. 

WHAT IS POUND FITNESS?


WHAT IS THE FLOW OF A TYPICAL CLASS?

We dove right in at the beginning of our class. The instructor, Katie Queen, gave us a quick rundown of the moves used in the upcoming routine and we got busy. The routines gradually get harder and the music more intense as the workout progresses. By the end, my legs were like jelly!!! We finished up with a fun cool down. 

{Thanks for the invite, Brooke!}

WHAT MAKES POUND FITNESS UNIQUE?

This class was unlike anything else I've ever done. It was relatively easy to follow, but INTENSE! I honestly walked in expecting it to be pretty easy. I mean, fitness is my thing, surely hitting some drumsticks on the ground would be a piece of cake. I was wrong, y'all!! 



MY BREAKDOWN

We burned about 445 calories during the hour long class and had a blast doing it!! Even the moves that were a little difficult to figure out were just something to laugh about. I never felt uncomfortable if I couldn't get something and Katie was a great encourager. She gave me pointers and shared modified moves with the group so that someone at any fitness level could participate. 

{Photo Cred: Katie Queen}

WOULD I GO BACK?

You bet! This class was AWESOME!! Don't get me wrong, I love my Beachbody workouts and most days I would rather be working out in my home with Tony Horton, BUT this class was such a fun way to mix it up and spend time with friends. I'll be incorporating POUND Fitness into my weekly workout schedule. 

{Even the mini got in on the fun!}

WHAT SHOULD YOU WEAR? WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING TO CLASS?

I went with a loose tshirt and workout capris and that was perfect. I was comfortable and didn't have to adjust my outfit at all. There is a lot of bending over so I wouldn't recommend shorts. Shoes are not required, but I was glad to have my tennis shoes on.

Definitely bring your water bottle and $6 for the class. If you like it, she even offers a punch card that rewards you with a FREE class! I'm not sure if prices vary for different locations though, so you may want to check with your own local instructor to see if their fee is different.

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?






No comments:

Post a Comment