Sunday, September 25, 2016

PiYo Drench {Review}



WHAT IS PIYO?
{Photo Cred: Beachbody}

This was my first PiYo experience. I followed Beachbody's Challenge Du Jour and tried out PiYo Drench. The best way I can describe it would be a fast-paced yoga workout. There wasn't a lot of holding awkward poses for obscenely long periods of time. You're constantly moving and all of the moves were easy to follow. 


WHAT IS THE FLOW OF A TYPICAL PIYO WORKOUT?

The workout was super easy to follow. As the time counts down it lets you know exactly what area you're working on; core, legs, strength, balance, etc. Each section starts out slow and working on repetitive movements that get faster and faster until you've completed the workout. 


WHAT MAKES PIYO UNIQUE?

{Photo Cred: Beachbody}


MY BREAKDOWN...

I burned just under 400 calories during PiYo Drench and it certainly lived up to it's name because I was definitely drenched with sweat by the end of my workout. 

{Photo Cred: Pinterest}

WOULD I DO PIYO AGAIN?

While I can say with total certainty that yoga is still not my thing, I actually enjoyed this workout. It was challenging, it was fast-paced, and definitely high intensity. I would absolutely do this workout again!! It won't be part of my daily routine, but I will definitely be mixing it into my weekly routine.

{Photo Cred: Pinterest}

WHAT SHOULD YOU WEAR? WHAT EQUIPMENT DO YOU NEED?

I wore workout capris and a sports bra. Shoes are optional and about halfway through I did decide to ditch the sneakers. As long as you're comfortable, you should be fine. 

No equipment is needed but a mat is recommended and be sure to have your water close by.

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?

I was super sore after my POUND Fitness class, so this workout was perfect to stretch out those tight muscles. It was still challenging, but it also gave my muscles time to recover and help relieve some of the tenderness I was feeling. 

This workout is a great way to work on your flexibility while still getting an awesome high intensity workout. Chalene is easy to follow, the moves are relatively easy to execute, and that makes this a super effective workout. 

{Photo Cred: Pinterest}

No comments:

Post a Comment