Saturday, September 24, 2016

Lemon & Herb Spaghetti Squash with Baked Salmon

As long as I can remember I've been a pasta addict. I'm a firm believer that you can pair pasta with every single meal and for years that's exactly what I did. But earlier this year I discovered spaghetti squash and that changed everything. I've used it in place of pasta for months now and I love it. I'm actually surprised to admit that I don't miss pasta AT ALL!!! That's huge for me. #carbqueen

Today, I'm sharing a new recipe with you that pairs my favorite spaghetti squash with a baked salmon and a delicious sauce that I also used in my salmon burger recipe. This meal was so light and delicious and even the mini enjoyed it!



Ingredients:

2 small/medium spaghetti squash
4 small/medium salmon filets
Olive oil
2-4 cloves garlic
2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
2 large lemons, 1 sliced/1 for juice to top salmon
1/2 c Pinot Grigio 
1 c Greek yogurt
1 tbsp dill

1. To make spaghetti squash, preheat oven to 350 degrees and cut squash into rings. Scoop out seeds and cover (or spray) lightly with olive oil. Top with salt and pepper. Bake squash in the oven for 45 minutes or until tender. The squash should easily pull away from the sides with a fork.

2. While spaghetti squash is baking, create a nice size foil bowl shape to bake the salmon in. Place the salmon on the foil, lightly brush with olive oil and lemon juice, just enough to coat the filets. Top with salt & pepper, as desired. Once spaghetti squash is done baking, close the foil bowl to keep the heat in, place on middle rack and bake for about 20 minutes on 350 degrees until salmon is firm and flakes easily with a fork.

3. Meanwhile in a large skillet, add 1 tbsp olive oil and broccoli florets. Saute until broccoli is cooked through. 

4. Add cooked spaghetti squash, garlic, Pinot Grigio, and lemon slices to large skillet. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes.

5. In a small bowl, mix Greek yogurt and dill. Set aside.

6. Place baked salmon on bed of spaghetti squash and broccoli. Top with Greek yogurt sauce and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment