Monday, September 26, 2016

TurboFire {Review}


During my 3 Day Dance & Diet Challenge, I tried and reviewed TurboFire so this time around I wanted to try more than workout, something different than what I tried last time, but also wanted to take it easy because my muscles are still on fire from POUND Fitness!! So, 3 workouts later, here's my review of TurboFire!

WHAT IS TURBOFIRE?

{Photo Cred: Beachbody}

The workouts are a combination of kickboxing, dance, HIIT drills, and plyometrics. The music is fun and mixed so that it corresponds perfect to the choreography. 

WHAT IS THE FLOW OF A TYPICAL CLASS?

The TurboFire Low HIIT workouts alternate between low and high intensity. During the low intensity, you learn the choreography and "mark" the routine. The the alarm rings and you're looking at 30-40 seconds of running through the routine with increasingly high intensity. This is repeated in several cycles, which makes the drills easier to follow. 

WHAT MAKES TURBOFIRE UNIQUE?

{Photo Cred: Beachbody}

MY BREAKDOWN...

Low HIIT 20 - Calories burned: 128 - This was my favorite of the three workouts. It was constant movement but the drills were easier to follow. I seemed to pick this one up right away.

Low HIIT 25 - Calories burned: 144 - This was much more intense than Low HIIT 20. It involved a lot more range of motion and plyometrics galore!

Stretch 10 - Calories burned: 47 - This was probably the most thorough stretching workout I've ever done. Talk about serious relief!!!

I can honestly say that I have never felt so good after a workout. I had so much energy and it was easy to jump in and try more than one workout. While the workouts were certainly challenging, I felt amazing afterwards!!

{Photo Cred: Beachbody}

WOULD I DO TURBOFIRE AGAIN?

This was no easy workout! You are constantly moving and while the low intensity parts are a great time to catch your breath, you're still working hard. I loved all three of the workouts that I tried and will definitely be doing them again. I think Low HIIT 20 was my favorite, but I also loved Stretch 10. My muscles have been tight since I did POUND Fitness and that workout felt amazing!

While I will definitely do these workouts again, I would warn you that the choreography is not that easy to pick up. Luckily, they're repeated several times, but by the time I really got it down it was time to move on. I imagine it would take a couple of times to really get it down pat, but I think it's worth the effort. Not to mention, once you get the moves, it's so much fun!

{Photo Cred: Beachbody}

WHAT SHOULD YOU WEAR? WHAT EQUIPMENT DO YOU NEED?

You can wear anything. You'll most likely be at home when you're doing this workout, so just get comfy. You'll be moving a lot and need full range of motion, so be sure the clothes you choose are not restricting.

You don't need any special equipment, but consider comfortable shoes with good grip. You're lifting your knees a lot and doing some serious jumping. You want to make sure you're not going to slip. 

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?

Research shows that you can actually achieve more results in a mere 15 minutes of interval training (3 times/week) than the girl jogging on the treadmill for an hour! Not to mention the after-effects!! All that intense exertion kicks your body's repair cycle into hyperdrive. You're burning more fat and calories in the 24 hours after a HIIT workout than you do after, say, a steady-pace run! These are only two of the awesome benefits, but there are so many more!!

{Photo Cred: Beachbody}


No comments:

Post a Comment