Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Country Heat: Down & Dirty

Hey y'all!! Yesterday began our 3-Day Dance & Diet Challenge and we started with the exclusive sneak peek of Country Heat's Down & Dirty workout. My daughter Emma has been dancing for 5 years, so she couldn't wait to join me! We had so much fun dance around our living room together and she really enjoyed laughing when I was struggling to get one of the moves. 


The sneak peek began with a 14-minute intro that teaches you each move one by one. Some moves clicked right away, some took and minute to get, but there were a couple that just didn't click for me. Emma was laughing so hard, which got me tickled, and made it impossible to really focus on what Autumn was teaching me...BUT we had fun!! A workout like this has to be fun!!!


After learning the moves, the 25 minute workout begins. You learn two moves, one at a time, and then how to put them together. You'll do each move and then the combo, each for an 8-count. Then you move onto another set of two moves. You'll do move like the "knee slapper," the "Charleston," and the "breakfast club." You've already learned all of these moves in the beginning part of the workout, but some are still much harder than others.


Emma and I both enjoyed the workout! While I definitely think it would take me a couple of times to master the steps, I can say that once you've mastered them, this is an awesome cardio workout. You don't stop moving the entire time and your heart rate definitely stays up. But the best part of it is probably that anyone could do this workout!! 



Look y'all, it doesn't matter if there are moves you can't figure out. Keep working on them and don't be afraid to laugh at yourself. Just keep moving, and as Tony Horton would say, "do your best and forget the rest!" Just have fun with it!

Interested in trying Country Heat for yourself? Email me and I'll let you know how you can get started.



No comments:

Post a Comment