Saturday, August 6, 2016

Get Real, Girlfriend!

Y'all this week has been crazy!! My calendar has been jam-packed full of meetings, my first challenge group started on Monday, my body was worn out from last week's Hell Week Challenge, I started the full 22 Minute Hard Corps program, and yesterday I found out I have strep throat. I had BIG plans for this week and they pretty much got turned upside down!

I am not one that thrives when my schedule is out of whack. Chaos is not my jam. I like everything planned and organized. Don't get me wrong, I can roll with the punches when one or two things get thrown off or need to be moved around, but this week it seemed like everything got turned upside down. And today, while I'm still feeling pretty crappy, I'm heading out of town to see my family. While I wouldn't miss that for the world, it also means falling another day behind in my workouts and in my work...more chaos. 

I'm sure that some people are reading this wondering why the crazy, type-A lady is whining on her blog today. If so, you're missing the point. It's not about whining or complaining. It's about being authentic. It's so easy to simply see someone post their workouts or motivating quotes on Facebook or Instagram and think they've got it all together or it's so easy for them. We miss the behind the scenes. We get the message, but we miss the story.

I think one of my first brushes with this was a family portrait we had taken. I was maybe six years old and my mom had recently remarried. We went to have our portrait taken and I'm assuming I didn't feel good. I can still remember the little red sweater and black jeans I was wearing. I can see all of our smiles and it's actually a good picture. If you just look at the picture, you see a happy, smiling family. What you miss is that I actually got sick and threw up all over my pants...at the portrait studio!! Hence, the reason the portrait is only from the waist up! Granted, my mom probably wouldn't have paid for a photo that showed the vomit all over my pants, but while the picture is a good one, it doesn't tell the story.

So today, and hopefully everyday, I'm telling you my story. Not the picture perfect version, but all the dirty details. I want you to know that you're not the only person struggling. You're not alone. Everybody has their issues, but it's how we come back and pull ourselves out of them that determines our success. 

While this week was a mess and I'm off schedule, bloated, and feeling pretty crummy, tomorrow is a new day. A day to start fresh and shake off the craziness of this week. Whatever your crazy was this week, I want you to make a commitment to start tomorrow fresh. Leave the mess behind and keep moving forward. You've got this and you're not alone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment